Constellation Engineering manufactures a full range of test equipment to perform testing of GMPHOM 2009 marine hose in accordance with the SMOG 2015 guidelines.
There are 3 standard rigs that perform and record tests/functions, as follows:
Offshore Integrity Rig:
Skid based self-contained diesel powered pump unit. Suitable for testing the entire hose string as detailed in Section 5.6.3 of SMOG 2015 – Hydrostatic Pressure Testing of Hose Strings In-Situ.
Fully certified to DNV 2.7-1 and specifically designed for offshore lifting and operation.
Supplied with suitably sized filling and pressure pumps, the skid also contains an on-board dosing pump allowing precise dosing of fluorescent tracer dye when filling the hose string.
Test results are captured by an on-board telemetry pack consisting of digital data logger and secondary backup paper chart.
Maintenance Test Rig:
Suitable for performing the maintenance recertification tests as detailed in SMOG 2015. These tests include:
- Section 5.7.2 – Hydrostatic Pressure Test
- Section 5.7.3 – Vacuum Test
- Section 5.7.4 – Electrical Test
The rig is supplied with removable filling and vacuum pumps, allowing multiple tasks to be performed onsite. DNV 2.7-1 approved lifting skid, trolley or road going trailer options available.
Burst Test Rig:
- Skid based self-contained pump unit suitable for end of life destructive testing of hoses as detailed in Section 5.8.1 of SMOG 2015 – Burst Test.
- Suitable for use on single and double carcass hose
- The rig is supplied with adequately sized pump to test even the largest diameter of hose.
- Test results are captured by an on-board telemetry pack consisting of digital data logger and secondary backup paper chart.
- DNV 2.7-1 approved lifting skid, trolley or road going trailer options available.